Re: mpf_get_str

adammaj1 adammaj1 at o2.pl
Sun Oct 6 21:41:20 CEST 2013

Hi,

>>> In what way are you discontent with the result?

  >>I would like to fix exponent to 0 ( zero )
  then from 1/6 I would get : 0.0010101010101010101010101010101010101

>The exponent of 1/6 is not zero.  I don't know what "fixing" the
exponent to zero might mean.

Sorry, my explanations was not clear. I would like to have binary number in a fixed point format
( according to these notations :
http://floating-point-gui.de/formats/fp/

>What do you think about adding some expanded examples to documentation of mpf_get_str :

>>I think the text is quite good now.  Adding another example does not
seem like an improvement to me.

Torbjörn, you are the main developer. I would like to thank you for it.
You know all about gmp and you probably do not need doc.
Documentation is very good, but can also be better.
I'm a simple user and IMHO this examples can do a good job
but of course it is your choice.

Regards

Adam