mpf_get_str

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun Oct 6 18:18:18 CEST 2013

adammaj1 <adammaj1 at o2.pl> writes:

  > In what way are you discontent with the result?

  I would like to fix exponent to 0 ( zero )
  then from 1/6 I would get : 0.0010101010101010101010101010101010101

The exponent of 1/6 is not zero.  I don't know what "fixing" the
exponent to zero might mean.

Perhaps you want us to change the mpf_get_str behaviour?  That's not
possible, even if it would be deemed desirable, since that would break
compatibility.

  What do you think about adding some expanded examples to documentation of mpf_get_str :

I think the text is quite good now.  Adding another example does not
seem like an improvement to me.