Some basic questions on the invert_limb code

Anil Singhar anil.singhar at linaro.org
Wed Nov 20 06:13:06 UTC 2013

Hi Torbjorn,

Sorry, may be I didn't understand you fully. Which repository are you
referring to? The 5.1.3 gmp code I started off as base I had downloaded
from the official gmp website. I don't know if there is any other
repository.

Yes, I agree with you that we need to wait until we have hardware or cycle
accurate simulation. But my goal this time was to have something with
aarch64 support for all functions, which builds and which is functionally
accurate (but not necessarily optimized) so that I can focus on
optimizations once the hardware or cycle accurate simulation is available.
If your team is planning to do this in future I am OK with that. I am
available to do this as well, but will need some help in understanding the
existing code, algorithms and scope etc.

We can revisit this activity after hardware is available, which will be
probably sometime next year. I hope that is OK with you. Let me know your
thoughts.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil