Some basic questions on the invert_limb code

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Nov 19 10:15:01 UTC 2013

Anil Singhar <anil.singhar at linaro.org> writes:

  Thanks for replying.
  So what I understand is this is currently implemented with the function
  "udiv_qrnnd_preinv". I got confused because for all other architectures such as
  x86_64, ARM, etc. I could see a folder under mpn which typically contained a
  file "invert_limb.asm" among others.

Did you follow my advice to look the the repository code?  From your
comment, it seems you didn't.

  Do you have any plans to have any of these functions / code re-written in arm64
  assembly..?  I am asking because I was tasked to do so at Linaro. If not, I
  will inform my team accordingly and move on to different tasks.

We don't have any plans of any further improvements.  We tend to
optimise for processors to which we have access, and neither A53 nor A57
is currenty in our test farm.

Before you decide to start any arm64 GMP developments, I implore you to
look at the current repo code.