Is there a separate Windows package for GNUMP?

Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho decio at decpp.net
Mon Mar 25 12:11:03 CET 2013

On Mar 24, 2013, at 2:59 PM, Akhil Anilkumar Kalathungal <akhil.cet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had downloaded the gmp-5.1.1.tar.xz on my Ubuntu machine, since I wanted
> to play around with the libraries as part of my thesis work.
> All the commands had been working properly from the Ubuntu terminal:
> ./configure
> make
> make check
> make install
>
> etc.
>
> However, I copied the same folder into my Windows 7 (32 bit) OS to the
> folder C:\GNU_MP_Library\gmp-5.0.5\

Did you literally copy the very same folder, which you had previously compiled for Linux, to Windows? Including the compilation output?

Then every binary produced by the Linux compilation (such as gen-fac_ui) should still exist on that folder as Linux ELF files with no extension. Of course if you try to run a Linux binary on Windows that'd be the exact error you'd be expected to get. Maybe this is what's happening?

Décio