Is there a separate Windows package for GNUMP?

Akhil Anilkumar Kalathungal akhil.cet at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 20:49:29 CET 2013

Hello Torbjorn,

I hope my build environment is not corrupted, since I had been doing some
other cygwin projects as well.
Please see my attached screenshot for a cygwin environment which is a
makefile project. And I am able
to run the output Program which is ./outputProgram.exe

Now please find the attached screenshot (GNUMP_test_one.jpg) which is the
scenario now.
Interesting fact is, the command  "./gen-fac_ui 32 0" does not run and it
displays the 'cannot execute' message.
However the command ./gen-fac_ui.exe 32 0 runs and the output is displayed
as shown in the screenshot.

So I thought the issue is with the '.exe' extension and I tried to fix that
by modifying the macro "EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD"
in the Makefile but it is not helping here.
Looks like the 'make' command that I run does not even look for a Makefile
in the path 'C:\GNU_MP_Library\gmp-5.0.5' and it runs on its own. (I tested
it by deleting the Makefile from the directory and tried a 'make' command
from the cygwin terminal. It runs, with the error build message! )

Do you have any thoughts in this, please advice.

Thank You,
Akhil,
Graduate Student
U Cincinnati