mpz_t function for complex numbers

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Apr 8 17:20:15 CEST 2013

"Bernhard Helmes" <bhelmes at gmx.de> writes:

     Are there some mpz_t functions availible for complex numbers ?

     I would like to write and add some function to Gmp as
     void mpz_complx_mul         (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t a, mpz_t b,
     mpz_t c, mpz_t d)
     void mpz_complx_mulm      (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t a, mpz_t b,
     mpz_t c, mpz_t d, mpz_t mod)
     void mpz_complx_sqr          (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t a, mpz_t b)
     void mpz_complx_sqrm       (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t a, mpz_t b,
     mpz_t mod)
     void mpz_complx_powm      (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t base,1 mpz_t
     base2, mpz_t exp, mpz_t mod)
     void mpz_complx_powm_ui (mpz_t rop1, mpz_t rop2, mpz_t base,1 mpz_t
     base2, unsigned long int exp, mpz_t mod)

     Which name convention would be usefull and which is the standart
     convention for the parameters ?

There is a mpc extension library  which adds complex numbers.
But if I understand you correctly, you want Gaussian integers.
I am not aware of any work in that area.