Use of the __GMP_CC and __GMP_CFLAGS macros

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Fri Oct 5 17:29:21 CEST 2012

On Fri, 5 Oct 2012, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> For one thing, supposing a distribution does choose a non-default ABI
> one day

I am not sure it would make much sense for a distribution to ship a
library for a different ABI. Whatever ABI they choose, they will make it
the default and compile everything for it. And if there are multiple ABIs,
the reverse (what we already have in debian) where changing the ABI (with
-m32 for instance) makes the compiler include a different gmp.h file is
more logical than having the gmp.h file tell you: "oh, I guess you must
have used -m32 or I wouldn't have been included" ;-)

--
Marc Glisse