GMP 5.0.5 build fails with tcc due to x86_64 asm (unknown register...)

Vincent Lefevre vincent at vinc17.net
Tue Jun 19 16:55:00 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-19 16:46:12 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent at vinc17.net> writes:
>
>   There's no such thing as "the Unix way". There is a standard: POSIX.
>   POSIX doesn't require its compiler to support asm code.
>
> Some of us live a life outside of standards documents...

This is becoming silly. I was just explaining that there is no such
thing as "the Unix way", except what is defined by some standard,
like POSIX. Do you have a well-accepted document saying that a C
compiler must support asm? If not, do not assume that.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>