GNU MP - PPC 440 build observation

morten simonsen ms at protelevision.com
Tue Nov 29 10:50:42 CET 2011

Thanks a lot for pointing me towards the compiler, it was indeed here the
solution was found (we use a GCC compiler from denx in Germany):

bad:

sudo ./configure CC="/opt/eldk41/usr/bin/ppc_4xx-gcc" --host=none
make

god:

sudo ./configure CC="/opt/eldk41/usr/bin/ppc_4xxFP-gcc" --host=none
/opt/eldk41/usr/bin/ppc_4xxFP-make

The library now runs smoothly on my target and it solved my convergence issues
with the standard (64-bit) IEEE doubles - great!

I appreciatee your assistance - it is easy to imagine that cross-compiling
issues is not the most inspiring stuff when you have interrests in the math and
implementation of an efficient multiple precision library development ;)

Morten