configure error

Trent Creekmore tjones146 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 01:07:31 CEST 2011

Hello.

I am trying to make a 64 bit DLL for the Windows environment and using  the
instructions found here:

http://gmplib.org/manual/Notes-for-Particular-Systems.html#Notes-for-Particu
lar-Systems

Which states:

"Microsoft also publishes an Interix "Services for Unix" which can be used
to build GMP on Windows (with a normal `./configure'), but it's not free
software.

MS Windows DLLs

On systems `*-*-cygwin*', `*-*-mingw*' and `*-*-pw32*' by default GMP builds
only a static library, but a DLL can be built instead using

          ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared"

So I am using this method and type in "./configure --disable-static
--enable-shared"

After some processing, this result is returned:

"configure: error: Oops, mp_limb_t is 32 bits, but the assembler code

in this configuration expects 64 bits.

You appear to have set $CFLAGS, perhaps you also need to tell GMP the

intended ABI, see "ABI and ISA" in the manual."

So what does "You appear to have set $CFLAGS" mean anyway?

Okay so I look up ABI and set it to "ABI=64" and try again. Same result.

If I change ABI=32 the configuration completes successfully, but I am not
interested in a 32 bit compile.

Then looking up CLAGS in the manual under
http://gmplib.org/manual/Build-Options.html#Build-Options and can only find
"CFLAGS="-whatever""

It's not very helpful when the only mention of CFLAGS in the entire manual
is only listed here and the only listed "option" is 'whatever'

Actually I am more interested in compiling with C++/g++.

What can be done to resolve this?

Thank you

Trent