GMP build

lucas van norak.van at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:24:07 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to build GMP 4.3.2 library,
previous to build GCC 4.5.0

I know that it and the others libraries (MPFR, MPC, PPL...)
can be build with GCC but i am experience some errors bulding GCC
and want go, step by step, because i am an unexperienced user.

I reconfigure GMP library with this options:

CPPFLAGS=-fexceptions ./configure --enable-cxx --prefix=/usr/local

because configure of PPL library reported to me.

so I did the essentials:
make distclean (to undo the previous build without that options)
CPPFLAGS=-fexceptions ./configure --enable-cxx --prefix=/usr/local
make
make check (reported all test passed)
make install (no reported error, install lib and includes in /usr/local/...)
make clean

but If I check config.log I see warnings and errors like:
configure:8399: gcc -std=gnu99 -E -fexceptions conftest.c
conftest.c:14:28: error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file or directory
25878: gcc -std=gnu99 -c -m32 -O2 -pedantic -fomit-frame-pointer
-mtune=pentium4 -march=pentium4 -fexceptions conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:65:20: error: invent.h: No such file or directory

and "make install" warning with a message like this:

*** Warning: This system can not link to static lib archive
/usr/local/lib/libgm
p.la.
*** you link to this library. But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have.
libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in i686-pc-cygwin
shared l
ibraries

I know that ./configure can be set with --disabled-static and
--enabled-shared options

but I don´t know if this fix the problem (If it exists)
I says it because where i get the error is in "make" the PPL library

configure:24139: checking glpk.h usability
configure:24139: gcc -c -g -O2 -frounding-math -I/usr/local/include
conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:125:18: error: glpk.h: No such file or directory

Must I Install libglpk package, or other package?
is GMP library well installed?

Thanks for yours advices.