GPGPU support

Rick C. Hodgin foxmuldrster at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 10:13:05 CEST 2010

>   Greetings. Are there currently any active projects to port GMP to GPGPU
>   hardware libraries, such as CUDA or CTM?
>
> Not any that I am aware of.
>
> (It is very difficult to make good use of SIMD processors in GMP, for
> reasons that have been discussed here in the past.)

I have an idea to approach SIMD differently for this kind of parallel
processing (using algorithms which are not inherently geared toward a
native port to SIMD).  Is there someone on this list who would be
willing to discuss this possibility with me?

I tried to post this question only to the developers on the developers
list, but the list admin denied my post.

Thanks,
Rick C. Hodgin