attribute mode is unknown (Sun cc)

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Nov 8 19:35:32 CET 2010

Jay K <jay.krell at cornell.edu> writes:

  You said it wasn't "safe".
  Why? How can I make it safe?
  I'd rather not autoconf it, but I'm willing to make some assumptions.
  Perhaps it was already adequate for my taste though.
  I need/want it to compile with compilers other than gcc.
  And to be correct.
  But not a huge assortment of compilers/architectures.
  Mainly just Sun cc, and gcc.

It compiles with lots and lots of compilers.  Now Oracle in their
infinite wisdom have decided to accept what is actually a syntax error,
meaning that our autoconf tests are fooled.  I am not sure how to
address that.  WHy don't you report this to Oracle, a syntax error
reported as a warninf is a compiler bug, imho.