Low-level logical functions?

Barukh Ziv barukh.ziv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 13:15:40 CET 2009

Sincere all,

I have being using GMP library for over half a year now, and I am really
satisfied with it, to say the least. I have found almost everything needed
there, and the speed is really impressive.

Recently, I have encountered something that I would like to use in the
library, but didn't find it: the low-level functions (mpn_) do not seem to
include the logical operations and, or, and xor. As a use case for such
operations, I have the following example: efficient arithmetic over binary
fields GF(2^m).

Could you please enlighten if I am missing something in this respect, and if
not, how difficult it would be to implement such an interface?

Sorry if this question was discussed previously.

Sincerely,
Barukh Ziv.