Building a Windows LIB (again)

bruce.axtens bruce.axtens at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 07:58:24 CEST 2008

G'day everyone,

I used the Windows .lib via MinGW .a transformation process as detailed in a
thread elsewhere in this list. I now have a .lib file against which VC++6
seems to have no difficulty linking. What concerns me now is warning
messages I'm getting from the link phase:
    LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "___mb_cur_max" imported
    LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__pctype" imported
    LINK : warning LNK4049: locally defined symbol "__iob" imported
At this point in the proceedings these make no difference to the running of
my DLL (which wraps certain GMP functionality). But is that good enough?
Will having these three symbols from libgmp.a linked in to my Windows DLL
end up biting me later on?

Kind regards,
Bruce.