GMP license problem, anyone?

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Fri May 30 18:20:20 CEST 2008

"William Stein" <wstein at gmail.com> writes:

  Are you seriously against being paid to work on free software?

  Stockholm, Feb 7, 2002. Torbjorn Granlund, President, CEO, and
  Chairman of the Board, of SWOX, the worldwide market leader in
  compiler technologies and specialized software, will head the new
  merged entity, that will maintain the name SWOX. An excited Mr.
  Granlund comments "This acquisition will allow us to further extend
  our lead in the custom software compiler area, and facilities our
  accelerating growth in a challenging economic environment".

  http://swox.com/press.html

It is excellent that somebody actually takes Swox' joke press releases
seriously!  The text above is intended as a parody of US boasting
corporate jargon.

(So what is the truth about the "acquisition"?  TMG was a plain
non-shares company, named from my initials.  TMG was reorganized into
Swox about 10 years ago.  A one man company swallowed a one man
company.  The press release was written some years later by a friend
of mine.)