MPFR-2.4.0 Release Candidate
vincent at vinc17.org
Fri Dec 12 18:46:30 CET 2008
----- Forwarded message from Philippe Theveny <Philippe.Theveny at loria.fr> -----
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 18:14:11 +0100
From: Philippe Theveny <Philippe.Theveny at loria.fr>
To: MPFR mailing list <mpfr at loria.fr>
Subject: [MPFR] MPFR-2.4.0 Release Candidate
The release of MPFR 2.4.0 ("andouillette sauce moutarde") is imminent.
Please help to make this release as good as possible by downloading and
testing this release candidate:
Changes from version 2.3.2 to version 2.4.0:
- MPFR is now a GNU package.
- Changes in the behavior of mpfr_strtofr and in its documentation
concerning particular cases where the code and the documentation
did not match; this change is also present in MPFR 2.3.1.
- Behavior of mpfr_check_range changed: if the value is an inexact
infinity, the overflow flag is set (in case it was lost); this
change is also present in MPFR 2.3.2.
- Function mpfr_init_gmp_rand (only defined when building MPFR without
the --with-gmp-build configure option) is no longer defined at all.
This function was private and not documented, and was used only in
the MPFR test suite. User code that calls it is regarded as broken
and may fail as a consequence. Running the old test suite against
MPFR 2.4.0 may also fail.
- New functions:
* between a MPFR number and a double: mpfr_add_d, mpfr_sub_d,
mpfr_d_sub, mpfr_mul_d, mpfr_div_d, mpfr_d_div,
* formatted input/output:
mpfr_printf, mpfr_fprintf, mpfr_vprintf, mpfr_vfprintf,
mpfr_sprintf, mpfr_snprintf, mpfr_vsprintf, mpfr_vsnprintf,
* mpfr_sinh_cosh, mpfr_li2, mpfr_modf, mpfr_fmod, mpfr_rec_sqrt.
- Configure test for TLS support.
- Get default $CC and $CFLAGS from gmp.h (__GMP_CC / __GMP_CFLAGS,
which are available as of GMP 4.2.3).
- Documented the fact that mpfr_random and mpfr_random2 will be
suppressed in the next release, and that the specification of
mpfr_eq may change in the next release (for compatibility with
the mpf layer of GMP).
- Bug fixes.
Please send success and failure reports with "./config.guess" output to
<mpfr at loria.fr>.
If no problems are found, MPFR 2.4.0 ("andouillette sauce moutarde") should be
released around 2009-01-12.
----- End forwarded message -----
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.org/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / Arenaire project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
More information about the gmp-discuss