gmp and visual studio 2008

dmt gonzo at bredband.net
Tue Apr 8 18:00:03 CEST 2008

dmt wrote:

> I just found out about GMP and am trying to figure out how to install it
> under visual studio 2008. I downloaded and extracted the most recent
> version, but I don't know what to do next.
>
> I'm only marginally familiar with the ins and outs of visual studio ... I
> can use it to create new projects and get them working, but I only have a
> surface understanding of all the details (I mostly use it as a quick way
> to write math code to help with some math work I need to do, which is why
> I am very eager to get GMP working).
>
> I would be very happy if I could get some simple instructions on how to
> get GMP set up so I can use it in my visual studio 2008 c++ programs.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the answers. I checked out Gladman's page and tried following
the directions, but it isn't working.

I have the Express edition, and I get an error saying that this version
doesn't support solution folders. I saw something there about using 4.2.1
with express edition, but then on the GMP site there only seems to be
downloads for 4.2.2 ... does 4.2.2 not work with the express edition?