Problem in Solaris5.10

Marc Glisse marc.glisse+gmp at normalesup.org
Thu Sep 20 18:29:41 CEST 2007

[please send your answers to the list, never to individuals]

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, SivaKumar wrote:

> Dear Marc Glisse
> Thanks for the information. But I am using forte compiler to build my
> application and if igive -m64 it do not compile in 64 bit mode! Now what can
> I do? Any suggestion or solution?
> Regards,
> Sivakumar.K

You could get an up-to-date version of sun studio, which now uses the -m64
flag as well. Or check the documentation on how to compile in 64 bits
(probably -xarch=something).

By the way, if you want good performance, you should compile gmp using gcc
(but you can still compile your application with studio), because some
optimizations of gmp only work with gcc for now.

--
Marc Glisse