Problem in Solaris5.10

SivaKumar sivakumark at huawei.com
Thu Sep 20 14:17:40 CEST 2007

I am trying to build the gmp-4.2.1 in solaris 5.10 the details of hardware
is as follows

Uname -a = SunOS SUN35 5.10 Generic_118822-26 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V250

isainfo -bv gives

64-bit sparcv9 applications

vis2 vis

config.guess in gmp gives ultrasparc3-sun-solaris2.10

configfsf.guess gives sparc-sun-solaris2.10

if I build gmp with library with ./configure -build=sparc-sun-solaris2.10
the application build and run with out any problem but the application is
very slower than in Linux.

if I build gmp with no options in configure (./configure), then the
application build fails with error

ld: warning: file libgmp.a(clear.o): wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

__gmpz_export                       /siva/xx/lib/xx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_import                       /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_mul                          /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_init                         /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_powm                         /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_fdiv_qr                      /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

__gmpz_clear                        /siva/xx/lib/libxx.a(xx.o)

In Suse linux 9.0 the build is very fine.

Please give me some solution for the problem

Regards,

Sivakumar.K

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is