How can I find my gmp library

Jan Doornaert jan.doornaert at programmer.net
Thu Jul 26 08:15:07 CEST 2007

Bin YANG,

At the end of the "make install" a manual install step is printed - you need to copy libgmp.so to (for example) /usr/lib and then run ldconfig (you probably will need to be "root" - or use sudo). A better approach (in Ubuntu) is to copy libgmp.lib into /usr/local/lib, add ad file named (for example) gmp.conf in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ with the following content (omit the dashes):
------
/usr/local/lib
------
and run ldconfig.