GMP, MPFR and VS version compatibility

Linas Vepstas linas at austin.ibm.com
Fri Jul 13 01:25:36 CEST 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:36:34AM +0200, Michael Abshoff wrote:
> I get payed to work in an open source project with a big, big corporate
> client that runs our software (that uses gmp) on Windows and 64 bit
> support is essential. Suggesting that they switch to Linux or MacOSX would
> get us laughed out of the door.

Totally off-topic, but I'd be curious to know why.  I understand that if
this thing is some client that needs to be installed on thousands of
desktops, then Linux is not an option.  But if you write back and say
that this is for some server, then I'd really like to know the details.
Linux servers seem commonplace, and not normaly a laughing matter.

(I work in a division whose profits come solely from Linux server sales,
and so I have a vested interest in finding out the answer...)

--linas