multi-threaded multiplication speed-up

Michael comtech.usa at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 19:46:44 CET 2007

Hi Jason,

I am also interested in this issue.

My project involves MPFR which is built on top of GMP. I recently started
optimizing the performance of MPFR and GMP using the Intel architecture. The
learning curve of the whole set of Intel tools is quite steep so I don't
have much progress yet.

What I know is that Intel has reimplemented GMP in their MKL library. So I
guess I will try compiling MPFR on top of the Intel version of GMP and see
how it goes. The next step might be to parallelize the MPFR routines as what
you've suggested...

Could you please give some pointers on how to do these types of
parallelization?

Thanks

-M