16 bit cross compilation

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Jan 2 12:30:00 CET 2007

  > Well, I don't think it is because the absense or presence of a file
  > system.  If you get compilation errors, it is a bug in your stdio.h, or
  > a bug in GMP.

  It seems like I left out some important information. What happens is that
  since _GMP_H_HAVE_FILE is defined (caused by the fact that stdio.h exists),
  a lot of file system related code is included when compiling GMP. The FILE
  type is not defined in the msp430 compiler. This will generate a lot of
  compilation errors when compiling gmp.h (see for instance function
  gmp_fprintf).

Then there is no hope of compiling GMP.  GMP requires an ISO C environment,
but can cope with most obsolete K&R environments as well.  But without FILE
you will not be able to compile GMP.  It is not C if FILE is not defined by
stdio.h.

  I also have another problem: For test purposes I have made a 16 bit
  (generic) GMP library for PC, but when running it, my test program produces
  wrong results. mpn_mul_n is working fine, but mpn_tdiv_qr is not. Do you
  have any tip about where I should start looking for the problem?

Yes, in the division code.  :-)