precompiled gmpxx on windows

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 24 11:19:13 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "TheGuest" <guestguestguest at katamail.com>
.

> I've tried to compile latest gmp source package through msys and mingw,
> but
> after configure execution, when I run make, I receive always 2 errors like
> this:
>
> ../libtool fork: Permission denied
>
> I use configure in this way:
> ./configure --prefix=/c/gmp --disable-static --enable-shared

Does it work ok if you leave out "--prefix=/c/gmp" ? (Obviously 'make
install' will then fail to install it where you want, but you could always
manually copy into C:/gmp.)

I don't have any trouble running
"./configure --disable-static --enable-shared" in the msys shell, but I've
never tried it with a "--prefix" argument. (I'm using MingW's gcc-3.4.5 and
msys was installed from MSYS-1.0.10.exe.)

Also, for C++ support I think you'll need to provide the "--enable-cxx"
argument to configure.

Cheers,
Rob