Native Windows Binaries for GMP-4.2.1

Brian Gladman brg at gladman.plus.com
Fri Apr 20 01:15:32 CEST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Saunders" <evas at mountaincable.net>
To: "'Brian Gladman'" <brg at gladman.plus.com>; "'GMP ML'"
<gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2007 11:35 PM
Subject: RE: Native Windows Binaries for GMP-4.2.1

>I downloaded gmp_p4_lib.zip and gmp_gcwin32_lib.zip and have a couple of
> questions.
>
> 1. Is the gmp_gcwin32_lib one the generic C build.

This is the generic C, win32, static library version.

GC stands for generic C, the rest, I hope, being fairly obvious.

The MPFR files are here:

http://fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de/~mabshoff/mpfr-bin/2.2.1

I used to put these all in one DLL/LIB but they are now separate.

> 2. In the readme-vc8.txt file there is mention of mpfr but no mpfr files
> are
> included in either archive.  Should they be?

My intention is to offer them separately from now on.

I am in the process of updating the build projects to reflect these changes
so the documentation will be a bit out of date right now.

     Brian Gladman