GMP language change

Linas Vepstas linas at austin.ibm.com
Mon Apr 2 18:36:19 CEST 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 03:24:49PM +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
>   Being unilingual and English speaking this is a disappointment.
>
> "Unilingual and English speaking" is an euphemism for American, I
> suppose.  :-)
>
>   Just one question - will there be an English web site available?  I
>   had a look at the new site and couldn't even figure out how to
>   download GMP.
>
> Yeah there will be an English site again.  The CNRS got so irate about
> the poor French of the new site that they will actually not support
> GMP.  Unfortnately, I've lost the original English version, so I have
> to rely on google's machine translation to convert the "French" back
> to ehum, "English":

This sounds perfectly pathetic.

Webmasters typically put web pages into a source-code control system,
so that you can't loose old revisions.  If you use CVS, or the more
modern/more hip subversion, you can delegate web site maintenance to
numerous trusted colleagues.

Over at http://gnucash.org, we set up a title bar across the top,
with multiple langages indicated. Different authors get access to
different language versions to do translations whenever they get
around to it (although it seems that besides french and german,
the rest have not gotten around to it ...).

--linas