MinGW, gmp, mpfr

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 26 01:52:47 CEST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <Wolfgang0815 at gmx.de>
To: "Jim White" <mathimagics at yahoo.co.uk>; <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: MinGW, gmp, mpfr

> Hi again,
>
> I really appreciate your hints.
>
> Now I got one step further and tried to compile gmp and mpfr separately
within MinGW. Compiling gmp worked find, "make check" gave no errors.
Configuring mpfr resulted in strange errors:
> "configure: error: gmp.h is a DLL: use --disable-static --enable-shared"
> Doing so gives
> "configure: error: gmp.h isn't a DLL:
use --enable-static --disable-shared"
> ? ?

Not sure what's going on there. In the INSTALL file (in the top level
directory of the mpfr source) check the sections headed "Building MPFR with
internal GMP header files", "./configure options", and "In case of problem".
There may be something there that helps.

> I observed that gmp.h has been placed in "C:\msys\1.0\local\include", and
libgmp.(l)a have been placed in "C:\msys\1.0\local\lib".

> I also tried to compile the gmp example gmp-chudnovsky.c. gcc didn't find
gmp.h

Did you include -IC:/msys/1.0/local/lib in the command ? That should find
gmp.h.

For linking, I think you can just link directly to the dll with
'-LC:/msys/1.0/local/bin -lgmp-3' (assuming libgmp-3.dll is in
C:/msys/1.0/local/bin).

Cheers,
Rob