MinGW, gmp, mpfr

Wolfgang0815 at gmx.de Wolfgang0815 at gmx.de
Tue Sep 26 00:09:15 CEST 2006

Hi again,

I really appreciate your hints.

Now I got one step further and tried to compile gmp and mpfr separately within MinGW. Compiling gmp worked find, "make check" gave no errors. Configuring mpfr resulted in strange errors:
"configure: error: gmp.h is a DLL: use --disable-static --enable-shared"
Doing so gives
"configure: error: gmp.h isn't a DLL: use --enable-static --disable-shared"
? ?

I observed that gmp.h has been placed in "C:\msys\1.0\local\include", and libgmp.(l)a have been placed in "C:\msys\1.0\local\lib".

I also tried to compile the gmp example gmp-chudnovsky.c. gcc didn't find gmp.h, and also didn't find it when I replaced [#include "gmp.h"] with [#include <gmp.h>]. After copying gmp.h and libgmp.(l)a in the same directory where gmp-chudnovsky.c is placed, it worked.

Is this a bug in the "make install" routine? I highly assume I simply did something wront - but what.

I really appreciate your help! :-)
Sorry for my crappy english :-(

Wolfgang

-------- Original-Nachricht --------