wanted: support for aggregated patch

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Oct 31 22:26:31 CET 2006

Juergen Bullinger <juergen.bullinger at gmx.net> writes:

  Sometimes I feel like the original maintainers don't even think about
  including code of other people. I also suggested an improvement some
  months ago. It wasn't included in the software even though it was well
  tested and had clear benefits.

Because we haven't pulled out the stops and made an extra release with
your suggested contribution, you conclude that "we don't think about
included code from other people"?  Funny reasoning.

  I know some other case where improvements
  on gmp simply have been ignored. So if you have some improvements,
  please let me know. Sometimes there are reasons why they shouldn't go in
  the offical release, but in my opinion users should have the choice to
  use them anyway.

If this project takes off, I have some requests:

1. Make sure to clearly label your stuff as modified, so that any
errors you make do not reflect on the reputation of GMP or it's
contributors.

2. Change all email addresses to point to your own mailing lists.  We
don't want bug reports to the official lists for your fork.