GMP problem on hppa64 platform (missing __gmpn_umul_ppmm)

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Thu Oct 5 19:13:29 CEST 2006

Steve Ellcey <sje at cup.hp.com> writes:

  I recently started using gmp 4.2.1 in my GCC builds instead of 4.1.4.  I
  can no longer build a 64 bit GCC compiler because I get an undefined
  reference to __gmpn_umul_ppmm.  I don't have this problem on 32 bit
  hppa.  If I look at the 32 bit archive library, it has __gmpn_umul_ppmm.
  If I look at the 64 bit archive library, I have __gmpn_umul_ppmm_r, but
  no __gmpn_umul_ppmm.  Does anyone have any ideas about what might be
  going on?

  Steve Ellcey
  sje at cup.hp.com

Your report is too terse for us to understand what is the problem.

If you cannot build GCC, it sounds like a GCC problem, not a GMP
problem.