gmp compilers questions?

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 21 11:45:52 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "hi" <serverback at 126.com>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:46 PM
Subject: gmp compilers questions?

> Cite from the docs:
> " MS-DOS and MS Windows
> On an MS-DOS system DJGPP can be used to build GMP, and on an MS Windows
> system Cygwin, DJGPP and MINGW can be used. All three are excellent ports
of
> GCC and the various GNU tools.
> http://www.cygwin.com/
> http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/
> http://www.mingw.org/
> "
>
>   Can these compilers compile the libgmpxx - the C++ lib for GMP ?

MinGW can ... I assume the others can, too.

>   Which of the Compilers under windows do u gays think best, and which is
used most
> widely under windows?

I use MinGW, and I build GMP in the MSYS shell with that compiler - and I'm
happy with that.

I personally don't like Cygwin - but they *do* provide a 64-bit compiler
(afaik), which MinGW does not (if that's a consideration for you).

If you wanted to build using a Microsoft compiler, check out Brian Gladman's
website.

Cheers,
Rob