gmp-4.2 performance on x86_64

Pierrick Gaudry gaudry at lix.polytechnique.fr
Wed Mar 29 21:50:58 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 12:37:27AM +0500, Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does that include my code as well? I added a few modules for some basic
> operations to a previous patch for x86_64 (this was a while back,
> searching the mail-list archives should be useful). May be somebody
> improved on them, may be somebody wrote a better (read: faster) version.
> But they did improve the benchmarks for me (compared to the original +
> Pierrick's patch).
>
> Regards,
> Ashod Nakashian

I have compared your mul_1 and the one which is shipped with 4.2, and the
latter is faster, so I didn't include yours. But if I remember well you
had also coded the popcount or some function of this sort. I should
include it.
I am also considering the inclusion of divrem_[12].s functions written by
Timothy Jacobson, but for the moment I still have a few problems to make
them work properly on my system. Once these are solved, this should give a
nice speed-up to gmpbench, I guess.

All the best,
Pierrick.