Converting mpz_t to mpf_t

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Jun 27 12:11:07 CEST 2006

"Mehrnoush Rahmani" <mehrnoush.rahmani at tum.de> writes:

  I'm currently working with the GMP-library in C in order to calculate
  large and very small numbers. I calculated a value of type mpz_t and
  another one of type mpf_t. I need to multiply these two values. Since
  there is no GMP-function to multiply these two data types, I thought of
  converting the mpz_t into the mpf_t, as it is very common in
  C. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any way to do this in the manual.

It is there, in the chapter about floating-point functions, under
assignment functions.

  Is there anyone who could help me?

An optician?  :-)