build problem on XP64

Andreas Fabri Andreas.Fabri at geometryfactory.com
Mon Jun 5 23:27:42 CEST 2006

Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Andreas Fabri <Andreas.Fabri at geometryfactory.com> writes:
>
>   Is the Turion chip an AMD64?
>
> Yes.
>
>   ./configure --enable-shared --disable-static --host=amd64-pc-mingw32
>
>   outputs
>
>   using ABI="32"
>          CFLAGS="-m32....
>
> Perhaps you are not running a 64-bit OS?

You were right. Now I have XP 64, but another problem:
Apparently mingw does not target x86_64.

When I run configure ABI=64 I get the error
"configure: error: could not find a working compiler",

and when I run g++ -m64 dummy.C I get the message:
"Sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in".

Is the conclusion that I have to get it compiled with
Visual C++ 2005.

thanks in advance,

andreas