squaring modulo an integer

"Jürgen Bullinger" juergen.bullinger at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 13:15:01 CET 2006

Hello all,

I have another question.
Are there special routines in gmp to do squaring modulo an integer?
I know that I can do it using mpz_powm(res, numToSquare, numToSquare,
module), but probably for this special case there are better algorithms.

If not, what do you think, are there any performance improvements possible
squaring numbers with a special purpose function (in comparison to mpz_powm
or a multiplication algorithm modulo an integer ?mpz_mulm?)?

Yet another question :o)
Is there a good introduction to fft-multiplication algorithms as used in gmp
on the web?

Thank you in advance

Juergen

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl