GMP-based special functions library?

linas linas at austin.ibm.com
Mon Jan 16 18:41:33 CET 2006

Is there a project out there that implements any of the special
functions using GMP? If not, anyone care to start one?

I recently wrote some code to rapidly compute the Rieman zeta
to high precision, and the various atendent routines (exp, binomial
coeff, gamma, etc.) It wasn't a lot work, maybe a week total
to chase down the various algorithms, constants, and design tests
to validate the results.  I'm done for now, and I could just let this
rot on my hard drive, but thought I should at least find a home for
it, or some way of sharing it.  Any takers?

--linas