gmp 4.2.1, mingw problems

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Dec 28 23:25:11 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Trudel" <mtrudel at gmx.ch>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 12:14 AM
Subject: gmp 4.2.1, mingw problems

> Hello list
>
> I'm working with the current gmp 4.2.1 release on Linux and Windows. I
> configure it with "--enable-static --disable-shared --enable-cxx" on
> both platforms.

The same configuration works fine for me on Windows - all tests pass.

I can only think that there's some problem with the makefile that got
generated, or with the make program that you're running.

Make sure that your MinGW/bin doesn't contain a file called 'make.exe' (if
it does, then rename it). You want to use the 'make.exe' that is in the
MSYS/bin, so check that you are in fact using that particular 'make.exe'.

Also check the version of your MSYS. The self-installing executable file
that I downloaded was 'MSYS-1.0.10.exe' and if I right click on my
MSYS/bin/msys-1.0.dll, then select "Properties" followed by "Version" it
reports itself as 1000.10.0.0. (If you have the same version, then that's
clearly not the problem, either.)

Cheers,
Rob