Possible documentation problems.

Décio Luiz Gazzoni Filho decio at decpp.net
Tue Apr 11 16:18:27 CEST 2006

On Apr 11, 2006, at 11:06 AM, Chris Saunders wrote:

> Thanks for the response Torbjörn.  I now see that both _mpq_cmp_ui and
> mpq_cmp_ui and I assume they are supposed to accomplish the same
> thing.  Can
> I ask why both are defined and what the relative advantages are?
> Sorry if
> this question appears stupid but I am not at all expert at C.  I
> write an
> interface to GMP from the computer language Eiffel.  My knowledge
> of C is
> mostly from building this interface.

Is there any particular reason why you won't stick to the documented
interface presented in the manual?

mpq_cmp_ui is in the manual, _mpq_cmp_ui isn't. If you were to stick
to the documented interface instead of hunting through the code,
you'd have avoided these questions.

In case you don't know, the manual is at www.swox.com/gmp/manual/

Décio