GMP v MPFR

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Tue Apr 11 12:19:35 CEST 2006

linas at austin.ibm.com (Linas Vepstas) writes:

  Well, spurred by this email, I dug deeper, (a lot deeper)
  and found the special function support. I'm rather annoyed
  that after crawling over MPFR and other related pages for
  an afternoon, and engaging in this odd exchange of emails,
  that I was unable to find the special function support
  until this email clued me in.

Your ire was probably the least the mpfr developers wanted when they
made this library free to use for you and the rest of the community.

I know, from substantial experience, that much frustration can be
spared by reading the fine manuals that come with most free software.

An another piece of advice: You're certainly going to be taken more
seriously if you write POLITE messages and send the to the CORRECT
list.