GMP 4.1.4 on MinGW (Wintersteiger)

Sisyphus sisyphus1 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Sep 12 04:23:20 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christoph M. Wintersteiger" <christoph at winterstiger.at>
To: <gmp-discuss at swox.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 11, 2005 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: GMP 4.1.4 on MinGW (Wintersteiger)

> >Anyways, thanks a lot and I'll post a success or failure note soon!
>
> Sadly it's a failure note: I just graded down to gcc 3.3.1 and I
> still got the same error; the dll builds fine, no linker errors, but
> the built application won't start then (The application could not be
> initialized).

Yeah - I find the same, now that I come to test.
It seems to be something specifically related to the gmp dll. That is, I can
build a couple of simple dynamic libs that have the same type of
relationship, and there's no problem. It's only when the "other" dynamic lib
needs libgmp-3.dll that the problem arises. I expect there's a way around
the problem .... I'm not so sure that I *expect* to be able to find that
way - but if I do, then I'll post back.

No such problem on linux, btw. Looks to me that this might warrant a bug
report.

Cheers,
Rob