gmp w/ mpfr for gcc's f95

Hugh Sasse hgs at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 17:38:21 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Alex Moore wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:05:14 +0000 (WET)
> Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to figure out how to build gmp with mpfr. This is in
> > order to build f95 with gcc-4.0.2.  I found the post
> >
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-02/msg00662.html
> >
> > which states it is a matter of doing something to CFLAGS, but what
> > I'm not clear.  I have mpfr-2.2.0 which has been patched with the
> > cumulative patch from their site.  I can't build that against gmp,
> > but it seems I must build gmp against it.  What part of CFLAGS do I
> > point where please?  -I<something> -L<something>???   This is for
> > Sun Sparc Solaris9.
>
> I have not built gcc4.  I do build the gmp and mpfr packages for
> www.blastwave.org, which the blastwave gcc4 maintainer uses.  His last
> gcc4 packages were 4.0.2 on 2005.09.29.  My last gmp and mpfr builds was
> the latest source as of 2005.09.30.
>
> gmp is built first and without mpfr.  mpfr requires a gmp build.

OK, I think I did that successfully, but I probably haven't pointed
mpfr to the right place.

> Configure for mpfr has '--with-gmp=/opt/csw', which is the prefix for

so the defualt prefix for gmp being /usr/local if I put
--with-gmp=/usr/local  that should work?    I was expecting the
gnu-ish defaults of /usr/local to be picked up and handled correctly
automatically, so I wondered if I had to point CFLAGS or something
at the actual source directories..

> the gmp build.  So I am confused by your question.

I've probably asked the wrong question because I don't understand
the problem sufficiently to ask the right one!

> Alex

        Thank you,
        Hugh