gmp w/ mpfr for gcc's f95

Alex Moore asmoore at edge.net
Tue Nov 29 17:11:35 CET 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 12:05:14 +0000 (WET)
Hugh Sasse <hgs at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to build gmp with mpfr. This is in
> order to build f95 with gcc-4.0.2.  I found the post

> which states it is a matter of doing something to CFLAGS, but what
> I'm not clear.  I have mpfr-2.2.0 which has been patched with the
> cumulative patch from their site.  I can't build that against gmp,
> but it seems I must build gmp against it.  What part of CFLAGS do I
> point where please?  -I<something> -L<something>???   This is for
> Sun Sparc Solaris9.

I have not built gcc4.  I do build the gmp and mpfr packages for
www.blastwave.org, which the blastwave gcc4 maintainer uses.  His last
gcc4 packages were 4.0.2 on 2005.09.29.  My last gmp and mpfr builds was
the latest source as of 2005.09.30.

gmp is built first and without mpfr.  mpfr requires a gmp build.
Configure for mpfr has '--with-gmp=/opt/csw', which is the prefix for
the gmp build.  So I am confused by your question.

Alex