[Fwd: Memory access violation in gmp_printf using gmp 4.1.4 on Athlon64 fedora core 4]

Juergen Bullinger juergen.bullinger at gmx.net
Tue Nov 29 00:10:00 CET 2005

Hi,

I don't know if this is the appropriate place, but some weeks ago I
already posted this message to the gmp buglist and got no reply, so I
don't know if somebody received this message.

I attached the original error message to this mail.
In short this happened:

I recognized a problem in gmp_printf if large integer numbers are
printed (6 mio digits). Then I created a little test program which
computes mersenne prime 42 and tries to print it out. While trying to
print it encounters a memory access violation (Speicherzugriffsfehler in
my german linux version).

I used gmp 4.1.4, so it shouldn't be the same bug which is already known
in 4.1.3.

I attach the testprogram to this mail, so if you like you can just
compile it and try to reproduce the error.

Kind regards
Jürgen

--
Juergen Bullinger <juergen.bullinger at gmx.net>