compiling gmp on visual c 7?

Richard Fateman fateman at cs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 22 23:30:57 CEST 2005

Am I doing something obviously wrong when I get this..

------ Rebuild All started: Project: lib_mpn_p4, Configuration: Debug
Win32 ------

Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'lib_mpn_p4',
configuration 'Debug|Win32'.
Copying config.h for P4 Build
        1 file(s) copied.
Performing Custom Build Step
nasm: error: no input file specified
type `nasm -h' for help
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing
Custom Build Step"

Build log was saved at
"file://c:\cygwin\usr\fateman\gladman\gmp-4.1.4\gmp.build.vc6\lib_mpn_p4\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
lib_mpn_p4 - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

    Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

Thanks for any hints.  I can send copies of config.h or other files if
this would help.

I have been attempting to come up with a recipe to
compile GMP into a dll along with NTL, optimized for a pentium 4.
My objective is to load this dll into a Lisp system.  I have kludged
together various versions using cygwin and/or mingw, but not with the
properly optimized GMP.
Thanks

Richard Fateman