Building 32-bit libs on Solaris 9??

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Thu Jul 21 23:24:03 CEST 2005

Chuck Carson <chuck.carson at gmail.com> writes:

  I'm trying to use the Net::SSH::Perl module which has a slew of
  dependencies, some of which require Math::GMP which requires gmp. I
  built gmp w/o problems but when trying to build Math::GMP, is
  complains about wrong ELF class.

  LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/local/lib" gcc -B/usr/ccs/bin/  -G -L/usr/local/lib
  -L/opt/gnu/lib GMP.o  -o blib/arch/auto/Math/GMP/GMP.so   -lgmp
  ld: fatal: file /usr/local/lib/libgmp.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
  ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to
  blib/arch/auto/Math/GMP/GMP.so
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
  make: *** [blib/arch/auto/Math/GMP/GMP.so] Error 1

  Is there anyone to build compatibile libraries?

Have you, by any chance, checked the fine GMP manual?  I'd recommend
the section "ABI and ISA", which happens to be accessible here:
http://swox.com/gmp/manual/ABI-and-ISA.html#ABI%20and%20ISA