C/C++ interpreter Ch binding to GMP

Hans Aberg haberg at math.su.se
Sat Jul 2 01:08:56 CEST 2005

At 12:40 -0700 2005/07/01, Peter Wu wrote:
>The Ch binding source code can be distributed as the same license as GMP.

Then there should be no problems, I think. I am not an expert on
these copyright issues, but merely communicate my impressions from
discussions I have had with people over time. There are copyright
blends, such as Flex distributed under BSD copyright, but which is
calling M4 as program, the latter which is distributed under GNU
copyright. The GNU copyright is more restrictive, calling for
derivative sources to be subject to the same copyright conditions, to
be open and sources freely available under reasonable access
conditions, thus cutting out direct commercial exploitations. The BSD
copyright admits more commercial exploitation.

So you should think through exactly what conditions you want to
distribute it under, and who should be the copyright holder.

>are you able to help load the binding source code to distribute with GMP once
>the code is ready?

Somebody else will have (and will, I hope) answer that.
--
   Hans Aberg