Magma, GMP, and the FFT

Paul Zimmermann Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr
Tue Dec 6 09:25:29 CET 2005

The Magma developers kindly gave me the opportunity to look at the source
code of the Magma FFT. I can therefore say it is a completely independent
implementation of Scho"nhage-Strassen's algorithm, and in particular it is
not based on my implementation within GMP, nor my implementation is based
on the Magma one. :-)

I hope the Magma developers will agree to work together with me to understand
why their implementation of the same algorithm is faster than mine, which
would help to improve GMP, and hopefully Magma too.

Paul Zimmermann