trying to get gmp running

David McKen dmlmcken at comcast.net
Thu Aug 25 05:25:21 CEST 2005

You have to put a "-lgmp" on the command line (dash, lower case 'L',
leave out the "lib" prefix and ".a" suffix). You only need the upper
case 'L' if you installed gmp in an odd place that the compiler doesn't
automatically look in. Under cygwin you want to put the gmp.h & gmpxx.h
files in the same directory as stdio.h and string.h
(<something>/include) and the libgmp.a & libgmpxx.a in the same folder
as other .a files (don't know any standard ones offhand but it will be
<something>/lib)

Hope this helps
David McKen